Nippon Steel starts operating of TENIGAL, molten zinc-coated steel plate business for automobile with Ternium in Mexico, in the middle of 2013. New cold rolled steel factory by Ternium which the firm supplies original sheet to TENIGAL is planned to start to operate at the same time. Nippon Steel tools up supply of zinc-coated steel plate in Mexico that automobile production by Japanese-affiliated makers is expanding rapidly.
- The Joint Venture of Sumitomo in Brazil Starts Long-range Contract of Iron Ore Sales with Japanese and Chinese Firms (Sep.04,2012)
- Sumitomo Corp Established a Joint Venture Secondary Processing Steel Bar and Wire Rod in India (Aug.15,2012)
- Nippon steel and Australia’s BlueScope Establish a Joint Venture (Aug.14,2012)
- Sojitz Starts to Produce High-grade Barite Next Summer (Jul.17,2012)
- Nippon Steel Adds New Color, Durability Cr-Free Coated Steel Sheet (May.22,2012)
- Toho Zinc’s Rasp Mine to Enter Mass Production in July-August (May.16,2012)