Nippon Steel Corporation and Sumitomo Metal Industries which will establish by integrating Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Industries in October, has already started to get materials as a new company. They are in talks to decide material price for October-December shipments with mine based on material demand in the new company. Though a lot of procurements don’t bring certain advantages to procurement conditions including price directly, the new firm thinks to improve tangible and intangible presence for mine as the world largest material purchaser.
- Furukawa-Sky Aluminum and Sumitomo Light Metal Integrates Their Businesses (Aug.30,2012)
- Nippon Steel, Sumitomo Metals to Integrate Pipeline Units (Jun.27,2012)
- Shareholders Approve Merger of Nippon Steel, Sumitomo Metals ()
- Shareholders Approve Merger of Nisshin Steel, Nippon Metal Industry ()
- Nippon Denko to Invest in Southeast Ferroalloy Plant, Mg Mine (Apr.13,2012)
- Nippon Steel, Sumitomo Metals Get Green Light for Merger (Mar.22,2012)
- Nippon Steel Starts Natural Gas Supply to Sumitomo Metals (Kokura) (Dec.19,2011)