Toyota Tsusho announced to get mining rights of lithium in Olaroz salt lake, Argentina, in July. The firm plans to start supply between late 2013 and early 2014 and annual around 15,000 tonnes outputs are expected, in lithium carbonate equivalent. It makes significant strides toward the achievement of stable supply of lithium. The preparation to start rare earth output in India is in the final stage. Shipments for Japan are estimated to start this autumn.
- Toyota Tsusho to Launch Joint Bar Processing Plant in China (Jun.08,2012)
- Toyota Tsusho Establishes Car Recycling Joint Plant in China (Jan.26,2012)
- Matamec Explorations and Toyota Tsusho Tie MoU for Heavy Rare Earth Project (Dec.15,2011)
- Sojitz, Talison Lithium Sign MOU for Li2CO3 Supply to Japan (Dec.09,2011)
- POSCO, Toyota Tsusho Sign MOU for Tie-up in Mg Business (Nov.22,2011)
- Toyota Tsusho Creates New Growth Path in Vision 2020 (Aug.08,2011)
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals to Commercialize Li-ion Battery Recycle in 2012 (Jun.17,2011)