According to Rare metal import clearance statistics in May by Ministry of Finance, import volume of Indium decreased by 79% from the previous year to 12 tonnes. Though it increased 3 tonnes from the last month, it is still lower than last year level.Behind such decrease is the fact that procurement volumes by target-material-makers which are major consumers are dropping down because of world wide business slump in liquid crystal market since last automn.
- Japan Rare Metal Import Stays Low Level in April (Jun.07,2012)
- Japanese Indium Import Hits Secondly Yearly Low Volume in December (Feb.16,2012)
- Japan Indium Import Hits Yearly Record Volume in CY2011 (Feb.08,2012)
- Indium Market Price Levels Off in Tokyo (Jul.11,2011)
- Japan Indium Import Hits Record in April (Jun.14,2011)