Kitakyushu based bankrupt forging steel ingot maker, Asia Special Steel will sell the assets for potential buyer, the administrator said on Monday. The administrator said domestic and offshore companies show interest in the assets. Asia Special Steel is reviewing the condition for offers when the potential buyers offer various assets purchase schemes. The administrator said the firm would conclude the assets sales in July and August.The parent company, Kotobuki Industries reviews option to sell Kitakyushu plant, which shares plant building with Asia Special Steel. The administrator said the firms could sell assets of Asia Special Steel and Kitakyushu plant in package to the buyer depending on conditions. Asia Special Steel filed bankruptcy for local court on April 6. The firm with around 20.5 billion yen of debts is under court protection since April 11.
- Toho Zinc’s Rasp Mine to Enter Mass Production in July-August (May.16,2012)
- Asia Special Steel to File Bankruptcy (Apr.05,2012)
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting and Itochu Decide Additional Investment in Ruddock Creek (Mar.16,2012)
- Nippon Denko to Decide New Offshore Ferroalloy Plant in 2012 (Feb.10,2012)
- JFE Steel to Build Up Upstream Businesses in Southeast Asia (Oct.17,2011)
- Japan Building Steel Demand Increases by 12.7% in August (Oct.07,2011)