Steel plate market price is weak at around 79,000-80,000 yen per tonne for 19 millimeters thick, 4 feet width and 8 feet length around Osaka. The dealers would reduce selling price under slower demand and higher import.Integrated steel makers reduce plate shipment for the dealers when they expand production cut. However, Tokyo Steel Manufacturing left plate selling price unchanged for February to keep selling volume. Nakayama Steel Works apparently reduces selling price for some users. The import volume is high level at monthly 50,000-60,000 tonnes. Arrival of standard sized products for local dealers from the makers slightly decreased but the stock is still high for the demand. The dealers try to reduce the inventory but the inventory is still high for the shipment. The demand slows for construction and industrial machinery. The buyers purchase standard sized products mainly for immediate requirement. The dealers offer lower selling price to get volume. The market price remains weak.
- Weak Steel Plate Price in Tokyo (Jan.24,2012)
- Cold Rolled Steel Sheet Price to Decrease around Osaka (Jan.12,2012)
- Weak Plate Price in Tokyo despite Demand Recovery (Jan.10,2012)
- Weak Steel Plate Market Price in Tokyo and Osaka (Dec.13,2011)
- Weak Plate Market Price at 86,000 Yen/t around Tokyo (Oct.24,2011)
- Weak Flat Rolled Steel Price in Tokyo, Osaka ()
- Weak Steel Sheet and Plate Price in Tokyo, Osaka (Aug.29,2011)