Japanese concrete reinforcing steel bar shipment increased by 3.8% or 293,000 tonnes to 8.056 million tonnes in 2011 from 2010. Northern Japan based electric furnace makers were damaged by the major earth quake in March but electric furnaces around Tokyo covered the supply. The output increased in full year 2011 when the demand was steady for condominium and housing construction.The production increased by 3.9% or 328,000 tonnes to 8.695 million tonnes for rebar including flat steel bar in 2011 from 2010, according to Japan Iron and Steel Federation. The rebar production increased by 4.2% or 329,000 tonnes to 8.088 million tonnes. The rebar shipment decreased by 8.1% to 659,000 tonnes in December from November. the shipment increased by 2.1% from a year earlier. The shipment decreased to less than 700,000 tonnes for the first time in 4 months but the shipment was still high level. The production decreased by 6.9% to 733,000 tonnes for rebar including flat bar in December from November but the production increased by 3.6% from a year earlier. The rebar production decreased by 6.8% to 687,000 tonnes from November but the production increased by 5.3% from a year earlier.
- Japan Secondary Al Production Drops by 0.3% in December (Feb.01,2012)
- Tokyo Rebar Makers’ Shipment to Increase to 3.3 Million Tonnes in F2012 (Jan.18,2012)
- Japan Steel Export Forecasts to Decrease by 5% in 2011 (Dec.22,2011)
- Japan Crude Steel Output Increases by 3.2% to 305,800 tonnes per day in Oct (Nov.21,2011)
- Rebar Shipment to Increase by 7% to 2.9Mt in Tokyo for F2011 (Aug.24,2011)