Local electric furnace steel makers’ rebar shipment is estimated to total 3.2-3.3 million tonnes around Tokyo in fiscal 2012 starting in April compared with the previous fiscal year. The demand is expected to maintain firm situation mainly for private building constructions. In fiscal 2011, the annual shipment is estimated to increase by around 10% year-on-year to above 3 million tonnes.In fiscal 2011, building construction projects restarted around Tokyo. Local electric furnaces’ order receipts are increasing for base work of condominium and house constructions. Moreover, the shipment increased as a result of alternate production for other steel makers in Tohoku area after the Great East Japan Earthquake. In the last half of fiscal 2011, the shipment maintained firm along the order increase from general contractors. The latest shipment survey totaled around 280,000 tonnes in November. One electric furnace steel maker source said the demand is expected to recover for public projects in fiscal 2012. Local rebar shipment may increase around Tokyo from fiscal 2011. The shipment hit the current bottom at 2.5 million tonnes in fiscal 2009 and slightly recovered to 2.7 million tonnes in fiscal 2010.
- Electric Furnaces to Raise Rebar Price to Above 60,000 Yen/t, Tokyo (Dec.14,2011)
- Rebar Shipment to Increase by 7% to 2.9Mt in Tokyo for F2011 (Aug.24,2011)
- Japan Alminium Association to Increase Al Demand to 6.5 Million tonnes in 2035 (Aug.19,2011)
- Japan Steel Consumption to Increase by 1M tonnes to 61M tonnes in F2011 (Aug.17,2011)
- JFE Steel Produces Plate at 6 Million tonnes in F2011 (Jul.15,2011)